Friday, April 16, 2010

Assignment No. 1

I found the experience of using Blogger to be incredibly easy. Navigating the interface was pretty self-explanatory, so I didn't have any problems there. At first, I stuck to just changing some of the colors on the template that I used. Then I realized that I could add things to the layout, so I added a search function and a picture. After 30 minutes of searching on Google, I gave up trying to add music to my page. That will have to wait until I become a little more advanced.

I have seen many different blogs (many, many different blogs) and I could never understand why anyone would want to blog. It seemed boring to me, especially since all the ones I had seen were concentrated on news or some other non-fiction content. But I recently saw a friend's blog where she had created this whole fictional character and now I get it. THAT is something that would be interesting to me, and something that I might work on to create.

Honestly, I wasn't really interested in the example blogs. I don't really read news or political blogs; I prefer to get my news from Anderson Cooper and the Mercury News. :-) Most of the non-fiction blogs that I've liked dealt in content that interested me, like the business side of writing.

1 comment: